Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2008   #1
XaneAvitar
not gay

Main Character:
Xanetrain (talents)
DKP
Human Warrior

@sam, photoshop... how to add a quick border.

this is just the quick way on how I would make a two framed quick border in photoshop.

Boom, open photoshop. In this case I have my picture on an additional layer. That's probably good practice. You can just doop it by dragging the layer you want onto an additional layer.

Goto Image > Canvas Size

Do a little math in the head... I changed everything to pixels for easy Math... and then I said... hmm I want 20 pixels on each side, so I added 40 to both values. Make sure the anchor is set for the middle box.

And your canvas extension color.. well I set it for black, you can make it black, white, transparent, or either of the foreground/background colors you have had previously selected.

Clicked OK. Now I'm over on my layer's pallet... right clicking and I'm about to adjust the blending options.

This is where you do all your cool transparencies, screens, overlays, all types of cool shit you see in the editing process. The layer takes on the properties in this option and that's how people do all their editing in layers.

For an extra border, you can either repeat the steps of increasing canvas size and choosing a different color, or you can just come in here an add a small stroke to your picture.

I chose a 3 pixel stroke, on the INSIDE (very important). Then by clicking the little color box, a color picker comes up and an eye drop tool... that allows me to pick out a color from the picture that I want to accentuate.

Done. Save.