Jonclani
The Altclani Army

Main Character:
Jonclani (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Hunter
Leatherworking & Skinning
More Characters

I'm leaning more towards it being a Windows problem, it gets to the point where its loading all the windows components, and drops.

It could be a monitor issue where the higher resolutions are crapping it out, but....I doubt it. You could try a last known good configuration, or if you have system restore enabled, try to roll back to your last point. Otherwise, youre down to either repairing (a pain if you dont know what got corrupted) or reinstalling (a pain setting shit back up, but will work).

But to test, yeah, try another monitor or something first, then if you have 2 sticks of RAM, try booting up with just one, or just the other, in case its a memory issue. Then on to the fallback windows options.

One other thing, I have seen (once) where certain USB hubs being plugged in at boot can cause this, so if you just picked up a new USB hub, that may be something too.