Main Character:
Stevlin (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Enchanting & Jewelcrafting
More Characters

Send a message via AIM to Stevin05
Raid Spot Reminder

As you probably know, we're getting quite a few new recruits from the collapse of 1200 dps. So, raid spots will become more competitive. This is just a reminder that raider status does NOT guarantee you a spot in progression raids. We will take whatever we need to get the job done.

If you find that you're not getting invited to 25 man ToGC, then please spend your time reading or playing with one of these:

http://elitistjerks.com/f31/
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/
http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr

instead of bitching at us that you don't get to come.

We will probably have enough people to run 2 DKP 25 man ToC's, so raid spots shouldn't be a problem for that.
Stevin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #2
BennyD
Souths Finest

Main Character:
Bennybash (talents)
DKP
Human Warrior
Herbalism & Mining
More Characters

Photolog: 1 pictures

I demand to be demoted! I also will raid 10 man chit exclusively, but only on my terms! I always said I would come back if bama lost, but I don't forsee that happening till at least Jan 9 at the worst!
Old 11-22-2009   #3
Kilgr20

Main Character:
Sepultra (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Rogue
Leatherworking & Skinning

Guess this means I need to get up earlier so I can be online for your far earlier raids then 1200 lol
Old 11-22-2009   #4
Tirrex
Retired

Main Character:
Coragem (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

Photolog: 24 pictures

In defense of those who will bitch for not getting into a raid, let me point out that one of the most frustrating things on WoW is to make time for a raid, show up on time for it, and then end up not getting invited for whatever reason.

Its very easy for officers to just tell people not to bitch about it, since officers can get in any raid they want. But as an organized, well stablished guild, we should take measures for that not to happen, instead of just telling people to live with it. Because soon again the officers will complain that people aren't showing up for raids, that we're missing people every night, and even consider a server transfer to try to solve our recruiting issues. But when we had the people we just didn't value them enough, and now they aren't loyal to the guild and they see no reason to make room in their lives to be here 3 nights a week to (maybe) raid.
Tirrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #5
Nihmm
Picks on little children

Main Character:
Nihmm (talents)
DKP
Gnome Warrior
Engineering & Mining
More Characters

tirrex not to put a damper on what you said... I am an officer, and I don't get invited all the time. just an fyi.
Nihmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #6
Tirrex
Retired

Main Character:
Coragem (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

Still dont justify letting that to happen. People will be on for the raid as they're told to and they'll be hoping for an invite. And it's gonna be frustrating to not get one. So maybe if we now have more people than we can fit in a raid, we could change our protocols a bit in a way that everyone knows in advance when they're raiding. Just a sugestion...
Old 11-22-2009   #7
Xandor

Main Character:
Xandor (talents)
DKP
Human Warlock
Alchemy & Herbalism
More Characters

Photolog: 8 pictures

that would be pretty impossible to let specific people know wether they will be raiding on a particular night in advance. t he raid is built on what classes are needed, what raid comp is needed, and who is online. if someone just plain sucks, or isnt as good as another raider at the class that they play...the other raider will surely get in the raid first. it isnt anything personal ever, though, its simply building the best raid possible for what we have on.
Xandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #8
Melissamao
Wonko the Sane

Main Character:
Melissamao (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Hunter
Engineering & Mining
More Characters

Photolog: 2 pictures

Send a message via AIM to Melissamao
tirrex I will give you a clue the officers that are getting in are either the top dps or top heals or at least consistently in the top 10 even if they weren't officers they would have earned a spot.
Old 11-22-2009   #9
Tirrex
Retired

Main Character:
Coragem (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

well, its just my sugestion. It really does suck to come in for a raid and never get even a reply on /g about it.
Old 11-22-2009   #10
Stevin05
Registered Visitor

Main Character:
Stevlin (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Enchanting & Jewelcrafting
More Characters

Send a message via AIM to Stevin05
Sorry if this post upset anyone, it was just so that people wouldn't be shocked and get upset if they don't get a raid invite. To kill bosses in ToGC25, you need every single person in the raid to be competent and able to put out a certain amount of healing or dmg. If everyone is not capable of that, the bosses will not die.

There will still be plenty of raid spots for the non-hardmode runs, and the gear from those runs is more than enough to perform up to the required standards of hardmode. So, any raider will have the materials required to come to the hardmode runs, they just need to pay attention, bring consumables, and perform up to what they should be capable of with their gear.

We have people in our raids with similar gear levels that are thousands of dps away from each other. If you are the low person... you are doing something wrong. So do some research and figure out what that is so you can come to the hardmodes if you want to come to them. If you can't do that, don't expect a raid spot in hardmode - because we can't down hardmodes if people don't know how to play their class.
Stevin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #11
nukethewhale

Main Character:
nukethewhale (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Warrior
Blacksmithing & Mining

Angry

How does I wow yo?
nukethewhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #12
Snarfs
Jedi Knight

Main Character:
Caelei (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Alchemy & Jewelcrafting
More Characters

Nuke, you should definitely expect no raid spot all the time. You are very bad at wow.
Snarfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #13
nukethewhale

Main Character:
nukethewhale (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Warrior
Blacksmithing & Mining

lol
nukethewhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #14
Jonclani