XaneAvitar
not gay

Main Character:
Xanetrain (talents)
DKP
Human Warrior

The Brotherhood... Man Up or GTFO.

Beware Tirrex, Wall of text incoming.

I wont pretend that looking over the roster I see that we're brimming at the seams these days. As the process of guilds disbanding, reforming, renewing on the progression list above and below us, coupled with our recent success... this isn't to be a huge surprise.

Truth is... we we're looking for a couple extra raiders and they're being thrown at us like speghetti on a wall. And now is the ultimate test... to see which of these applicants fill in the missing pieces which is the overall picture of the Brotherhood or if they're just skilled raiders with even greater granduer then we could ever sasiate.

Truth is, we're the mother fucking Brotherhood... and we march to a different beat.

--

I guess it would be prudent for me to first give you a bit of a history lesson. When you look at the Inner Council, you'll note we're pretty tight. That's probably the most intimidating thing for anybody entering the guild. They see, and ask, the entire Inner Council are real life friends? And the answer is hell yes. Most of us grew up in Maryland, some of us childhood friends, others newer friends, the others grew an unbreakable bond through the game.

But from what I've come to learn, we're probably one of the most respected guilds because of it. And it certainly doesn't mean whatever we want goes. We've appointed trusted friends of ours as Dignitiaries, and I'll let you in on a secret. We don't always agree on every situation. But most things get talked out and come to conclusions for the greater good of the guild.

But outside of that, it's taken a lot of work getting to where we are now. I remember in the first few months of existence, it was difficult convincing people we weren't Praetorians 2.0, since most of the bulk of the guild came from there, but even if you look over the landscape of us now, you can easily tell we're nothing like Praetorians.

--

When you look over the guild you'll see new names, but most adapt pretty quickly. If you watch guild chat or listen in on vent, you'll quickly understand... it's the wild west, and anything goes.

That's probably cause the bulk of us are guys and best friends, and you can plainly see... this is a first name basis guild. Not only do the officers know each other on a first name basis, but most the guild will call each other by their first names.

This is how we enjoy things. And we say whatever is on our minds. When we raids you'll probably be exposed to people and situations you've never been. If you're easily offended by almost anything then I'll tell you, prepare to be offended 75% of your raiding time. Cause that's just how we roll... most of it is to be taken with a grain of salt.

We make fun of each other, but it's the fact that we have respect for each other and the guild, which makes it fine. We haze new people. You can ask those pledges how it once was to be a rush. It's painful, you have no rights, you're not earned you colors in the family yet... but when you do...

you're Brotherhood for life

--

Here are the things that really peave me lately. If you know the officers our goals are neither Pve or Pvp oriented. Our goals are to have fun. We strive and compete in all aspects of the game, we occasionaly do crazy games and contests, shit like that.

We're easily one of the most loved and hated guilds on the server. There are GMs from the top guilds who have either tried to help or hinder our progression. But we take everything as it comes. When someone throws a punch at the Bhood, we bring the sledgehammer down on them.

That takes a lot of intellegance too. That doesn't mean goto the realm forums and make asses out of us. If you ever have a question on a situation, its best to ask an officer. Cause we're assholes. We gank horde, we show no aliegence to anybody but ourselves, and we're a pretty damn mischeivious guild. But on the other hand, we earn and loose a lot of respect for that.

We've told horde guilds we're not afraid, so, if your farming alone as The Brotherhood... chances of you getting camped by a group of horde is way higher than any other guild. Don't run. Don't cry. That's why we're here. You may think it hard to find people to help you return the favor to the horde. But if you ask correctly, we've been known to bring the full brunt to those who push at us.

One rule we have, is if horde are ganking at our summoning stone, we fucking take that shit back. Even if it takes away from our progression time. Because you don't fuck with the Bhood.

When raiding, we use our heads. People fuck up, we understand that. We don't want excuses we want results. We're far nicer than any other guild you'll goto. But there are things we NEED to do to progress. You're underperforming we replace you in the raid. An officer sends you a tell, we need you to sit, its nothing personal, you're either a.) new on the totem poll and at the bottom b.) you're sucking today or c.) we need somebody else in the raid very very badly. And generally people are totally cool about this, we don't fucking beat around the bush. But we're not complete assholes about it either. People disconnect, we replace if they're replaceable. I cant tell you how many times over the past three weeks, i've gotten tells from an irate reconnector, who has disconnected several times and we're upset they got replaced. It happens, you don't freak out when we replace other people. Don't freak out when you get replaced.

Another thing, sure the roster is huge. Largest guild on the server without a doubt. Cause we've got an ass-ton of causals, a lot of raiders, retired members, and officers. The guild charter will clearly define the hierarchy of invitation and all our rules on that. But truth is, sometimes we can't field raids, and thats unacceptable. We have enough people to field three 25-man raid groups. But most people choose to be casual, and the others don't leave because this guild is addictive. If you show up, do your job, and have a good attitude, you will get a spot.

The last, and biggest thing. There's not a whole lot of things you can do to get on my bad side. Selfishness is pretty much the only thing. I ask everyone in the guild to respect each other, and the way loot works. Use your brains. Don't be a fucking loot-whore. Loot is great. I love epics as much as the next person. And we play the dkp system as a competitive DKP system. Ask this week, I went to SSC, tried to play the DKP system, and got burned for DKP. But it was all in good fun, and I take none of it personally. When you try to take loot over a person, or pick up shit you don't need, or just are an ass-hat, thats when you're completly banished from us or punished harshly. We don't accept that here. Get along, it's not hard. Be smart with loot. And if this guild is not for you, or you're having problems with the system/people, talk to an officer. I've helped members who've wanted to go on other places. It's when you take our loot, look at us as a stepping stone guild, and then jump to another guild is when you'll probably regret it. That's not Brotherhood. We don't put our guild on the progression list, cause loot/progression isn't our priority. We like seeing new shit, because it's fun not doing the same bosses over and over again. We like getting loot, sure, makes us feel good. But it's when we become greedy and fucking malicious, thats un-fucking-acceptable. This is just a game.

--

So newcomers, welcome to the guild. Adapt to us, or find a new guild, it's that simple. You wont ever quite find a guild like this. I see the new applications, and I see "mature" guild. Well I hate to break the news, but we're really not that mature but we sure do like to have fun.

For alumni and other raiders, we're in this for the long run. You see new people, and it's best to help them and mentor them. Adjust them into the Brotherhood society, because that's the way we roll. They can probably help us in the long run.

Oh, yes, and take any opprotunity you can to remind Karrde how much he sucks.

-Xane (Brian)

p.s. Sorry for the spelling mistakes. I see the red dots, but I'm too lazy to fix the words.
Old 08-03-2007   #2
TM

Main Character:
Thomasmann (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid

Photolog: 4 pictures

Learn2Spell. Ass.
TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #3
Tirrex
Retired

Main Character:
Coragem (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

Photolog: 24 pictures

Xane
I'd hate to be your keyboard.
Tirrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #4
Staras
Way More Awesome Than You

Main Character:
Staras (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Priest
Jewelcrafting & Tailoring
More Characters

Photolog: 2 pictures

Send a message via AIM to Staras Send a message via MSN to Staras
i would fuck this wall of text.

it makes me wish i had the commitment and energy to raid
Old 08-03-2007   #5
XaneAvitar
not gay

Main Character:
Xanetrain (talents)
DKP
Human Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirrex View Post
Xane
I'd hate to be your keyboard.
For more reasons then this wall of text.
Old 08-03-2007   #6
Elandrafrost
Recruiter

Main Character:
Karyn (talents)
DKP
Human Death Knight
Mining & Herbalism
More Characters

Good thing my eyes can only see from left to right....cuz if I could look up and down I prolly would've freaked!
Elandrafrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #7
Vonica

Main Character:
Vonica (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Priest
Tailoring & Enchanting

Quote:
Originally Posted by xane
Karrde how much he sucks.
Hey Karrde.... you really suck the big one! oh yea I said it...the big one you f-king loot whore ninja!!
Vonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #8
Artalis

Main Character:
Artalis (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Priest
Alchemy & Herbalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonica View Post
Hey Karrde.... you really suck the big one! oh yea I said it...the big one you f-king loot whore ninja!!
I think I just tasted my own vomit just contemplating the fact that I have to heal you.
Artalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #9
Karrde
Friend of the Guild

Main Character:
Karrde (talents)
DKP
Human Warrior
Blacksmithing & Mining

Yo fuck that I dont suck
Karrde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #10
Staras

Main Character:
Staras (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Priest
More Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artalis View Post
I think I just tasted my own vomit just contemplating the fact that I have to heal you.
save your mana then.
Old 08-03-2007   #11
Tirrex
Retired

Main Character:
Coragem (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

What did Karrde ninja?
Old 08-03-2007   #12
TM

Main Character:
Thomasmann (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid

my heart.
Old 08-03-2007   #13
Karrde
Friend of the Guild

Main Character:
Karrde (talents)
DKP
Human Warrior
Blacksmithing & Mining

a badass shield
Old 08-03-2007   #14
Popeck

Main Character:
(talents)
DKP

Brian. Mozilla Firefox, it has a spell check built in! Who knew?
Old 08-03-2007   #15
Popeck

Main Character:
(talents)
DKP

See, that is why I am proud to sit in front of my computer for hours clicking the same damn button! That turns this game we play from just a mere game into a lifestyle and a true Brotherhood.
Old 08-03-2007   #16
Staras

Main Character:
Staras (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Priest
More Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post
my heart.
that somamabitch! i thought i ninja'd that months ago!!

you lied to me jason....and you'll pay for that...
Old 08-03-2007   #17
Tirrex
Retired

Main Character:
Coragem (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeck View Post
Brian. Mozilla Firefox, it has a spell check built in! Who knew?
Firefox is for queers...
Old 08-03-2007   #18
Staras

Main Character:
Staras (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Priest
More Characters

Quote:
Firefox is for queers...
and IE is for people who like getting brutally assraped by malware.
Old 08-03-2007   #19
Descartes
Warmonger

Main Character:
Descartes (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Enchanting & Herbalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artalis View Post
Take that, shadow succubus!

Like a third kidney, my body rejects the liberal guilt I'm supposed to feel for my clients.
Descartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #20
Descartes
Warmonger

Main Character:
Descartes (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Enchanting & Herbalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staras View Post
and IE is for people who like getting brutally assraped by malware.
You only get raped if you go looking for it, and the fact that you need to seek out protection specifically from getting rape leads me to believe... you're looking to have someone throw it to you.

Like a third kidney, my body rejects the liberal guilt I'm supposed to feel for my clients.
Old 08-03-2007   #21
Tirrex
Retired

Main Character:
Coragem (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

Descartes is jealous of Xane's wall of text...
Old 08-04-2007   #22
Chuck
Legend

Main Character:
Xanderil (talents)
DKP
Human Rogue

Photolog: 3 pictures

Fuck this bull shit guild. It's time to start Da' Benny's.
Old 08-04-2007   #23
Eviserator

Main Character:
Amiidala (talents)
DKP
Human Death Knight
Herbalism & Mining
More Characters

Send a message via AIM to Eviserator Send a message via Skype™ to Eviserator
Karrde does suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrde View Post
Yo fuck that I dont suck
uhhh, yeah you do! You told me so yourself!
Eviserator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007   #24
Karrde
Friend of the Guild

Main Character:
Karrde (talents)
DKP
Human Warrior
Blacksmithing & Mining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviserator View Post
uhhh, yeah you do! You told me so yourself!
Dammit. You are right, I did.
Old 08-04-2007   #25
Popeck

Main Character:
(talents)
DKP

Quote:
Firefox is for queers...
Tirrex, you told us about the Mozilla Firefox update. The thread is still in the forums!
Old 08-04-2007   #26
Goose
Friend of the Guild

Main Character:
Goose (talents)
DKP
Gnome Rogue
Engineering & Mining

Quote:
There's not a whole lot of things you can do to get on my bad side.
the skyy is blue, i love the skyy... <3 brian
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #27
Fees
Needs a stress ball

Main Character:
Feesshorty (talents)
DKP
Gnome Warlock
Alchemy & Herbalism

Quote:
There's not a whole lot of things you can do to get on my bad side.
hmmmmmmm.......i must just be really lucky
[01:31 PM] Evo: You cant get raped at a hair salon
[01:31 PM] Vero: thats what you think

[!?] Mattybee: Well, I'm less likely to hear about you fucking some kid in the ass while dressed as a clown or something like that.

Fees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #28
Caliene
I Don't Like You

Main Character:
Calianne (talents)
DKP
Human Death Knight
Jewelcrafting & Mining
More Characters

Send a message via AIM to Caliene Send a message via MSN to Caliene
Oh baby, I can't wait to spout off at the first new recruits that screw up in a raid. I'm foresee the first in guild emotional breakdown in the months to come....New guys and gals be ready, and beware the wrath of Cal...

oh and don't suck, and don't hinder progression, and don't speak to me unless spoken to, and....and....a bunch of other things that I have yet to verbalize or put into written word....

(>o^.^)>>>>>O BAM!!! IN YOUR FACE, YO!

True that.
Caliene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #29
TM

Main Character:
Thomasmann (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid

Cal has hot sisters irl.
Old 08-05-2007   #30
Caliene
I Don't Like You

Main Character:
Calianne (talents)
DKP
Human Death Knight
Jewelcrafting & Mining
More Characters

Send a message via AIM to Caliene Send a message via MSN to Caliene
Sure do....3 of them....and no one is allowed to mention them, talk to them, see pictures of them, or in any other way know anything about them until KT is dead...so gg

True that.
Caliene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #31
Forsaken
Registered Visitor

Main Character:
Arcanna (talents)
DKP
Human Warlock
Alchemy & Herbalism

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken
Angry Xane writes good material.
Forsaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #32
Descartes
Warmonger

Main Character:
Descartes (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Enchanting & Herbalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliene View Post
Sure do....3 of them....and no one is allowed to mention them, talk to them, see pictures of them, or in any other way know anything about them until KT is dead...so gg
I'll reactivate to help with KT progression. Dibs on the 14 year old.

Old 08-08-2007   #33
Crazyaussie

Main Character:
Elite (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Priest
Alchemy & Herbalism

i have the brian charlie neal picture tattoo'd on my ass.
Crazyaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #34
Bobthegirl
snowboard bum

Main Character:
Haetei (talents)
DKP
Dreanei Paladin
Jewelcrafting & Mining

Photolog: 1 pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyaussie View Post
True story, I was there
Old 08-24-2007   #35
Descartes
Warmonger

Main Character:
Descartes (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Enchanting & Herbalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyaussie View Post
Yeah right, you disowned us all

Old 09-20-2007   #36
Galang
Registered Visitor

Main Character:
Galang (talents)
DKP
Dwarf Hunter
Herbalism & Mining

Man up or GTFO

True Dat Brian..I have come and learned
Galang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #37
Cennar
Pro GAnker

Main Character:
Cennar (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Leatherworking & Enchanting

Photolog: 5 pictures

Send a message via AIM to Cennar Send a message via MSN to Cennar Send a message via Yahoo to Cennar
... click here
Cennar is offline   Reply With Quote