DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

Photolog: 24 pictures

Need someone to take this over

Guys,

I'm running in some problems regarding this website:

- This is a .COM domain. Back in the days I was residing in the USA for college. But for the past 12 years I've been living in Brasil. To have a .COM domain, I must be at least a US resident. And so to keep this, I'm using my old US address on the registration. But now, I have to update my bank account info, and my home address is in Brasil. They'll accept it, but not for .COM domains.

- The reason I had to update my bank account info is because my US bank account is about to go dry. I left money in there since I can use it from here with the credit card, but it's about to be over and I need to close it. Here in Brasil I only have a basic bank account with a non-international debit card, and to pay the host for this will not be easy anymore.

- The USD to BRL exchange ratio is 1:3.29. To keep this up is a bit of an expense, and frankly we have near 0 usage of this site. Probably only Clani and I visit this every week, if so.

In summary, its a number of things that just added up and we have to decide what to do with this.

Options:

1) Simply close it. Everyone take whatever they want to keep, and when the pay period expires this will be closed.

2) Someone take it over. We can either check with my host how would we transfer this to another person, or I'll give someone a database dump of this site and a copy of all folders to port it to another host.

3) I win the new year's lottery this réveillon. Oh yes, I'll even go back to WoW if so.

If anyone sees this before new years, please post your thoughts!
Tirrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017   #2
Jonclani
The Altclani Army

Main Character:
Jonclani (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Hunter
Leatherworking & Skinning
More Characters

We can't let it die!

Unless you have an absurdly expensive hosting service (in which case, mad props for keeping it running all this time), I can take over for a bit. If I decide the lack on anyone being here isn't worth it, we can revisit the situation.
Old 12-12-2017   #3
Tirrex
Retired

Main Character:
Coragem (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

Nobody really visits this anymore. Its dead. To be honest, even I don't come here anymore. But I've emailed 1&1, the host I'm using, asking about how do I transfer the domain and the website to you.
Old 12-15-2017   #4
Tirrex
Retired

Main Character:
Coragem (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

An update to the hundreds of you that might be anxiously waiting: This website now officially belongs to Jonclani! So it won't close! It'll remain alive for many years.

*crowd cheers*
*fireworks*
Old 12-19-2017   #5
Yogibear
Friend of the Guild

Main Character:
Yogi (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Alchemy & Herbalism

I still visit, but.. uh.. doubt many remember me. Glad to see it's not going away
Yogibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018   #6
Jonclani
The Altclani Army

Main Character:
Jonclani (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Hunter
More Characters

Well, out of the two other people who visit regularly, I can safely say at least 50% of them remember you!
Old 01-04-2018   #7
Tirrex
Retired

Main Character:
Coragem (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

Oh I bet everyone remember Yogibear
Old 03-11-2019   #8
Jonclani
The Altclani Army

Main Character:
Jonclani (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Hunter
More Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirrex View Post
An update to the hundreds of you that might be anxiously waiting: This website now officially belongs to Jonclani! So it won't close! It'll remain alive for many years.

*crowd cheers*
*fireworks*
ED! Didn't I previously have access to the admin control panel? I apparently need to do some updating, or will face an additional $9 a month in fees! My logins no worky!
Old 03-12-2019   #9
Tirrex
Retired

Main Character:
Coragem (talents)
DKP
Night Elf Druid
Engineering & Enchanting
More Characters

See if you have it now