Lust4gaming

Main Character:
Sassykiller (talents)
DKP
Human Paladin
Blacksmithing & Mining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliene View Post
Sassy why does my laptop suddenly shutdown sometimes when running WoW, literally power off complete, and will only turn back on if I remove the battery, and put it back in, and press on. It's absolutely maddening as I know it isn't the temperature of the laptop, since it's played in a room that is kept at approximately 50 degrees F. It also seems to happen when I'm in WoW, then alt-tab and open a new Firefox window. I was thinking there was something wrong with the wi-fi/ethernet cards seeing as the Wi-Fi periodically just drops out on it, and sometimes the LAN connection is slow for no reason. Goddamn Lenovo T61P, and the P is for piece of shit
Could be a combination of things. More likely that you are switching windows or doing something graphically intensive that causes graphic driver to crash. When a graphic driver crashes your computer will immediately shutdown with no error log left or bluescreen for diagnostics.

On a sidenote your LAN or WAN can fail without causing immediate shutdown. Computer power off only happens when a CRITICAL component fails.

My suggestion is as follows:

1) If you are not using a 64 bit operating system, upgrade to windows 7 64 bit. IF POSSIBLE

2) If that is not possible get the most up to date drivers for ALL components in your system.

3) Blow out your laptop, and apply new thermal paste to the GPU and CPU.

4) All else fails... Get really drunk and destroy your laptop in an imaginative fashion and record it for us.
Lust4gaming is offline   Reply With Quote