Calianne (talents)
DKP
Human Death Knight
Jewelcrafting & Mining
More Characters

Send a message via AIM to Caliene Send a message via MSN to Caliene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust4gaming View Post
Could be a combination of things. More likely that you are switching windows or doing something graphically intensive that causes graphic driver to crash. When a graphic driver crashes your computer will immediately shutdown with no error log left or bluescreen for diagnostics.

On a sidenote your LAN or WAN can fail without causing immediate shutdown. Computer power off only happens when a CRITICAL component fails.

My suggestion is as follows:

1) If you are not using a 64 bit operating system, upgrade to windows 7 64 bit. IF POSSIBLE

2) If that is not possible get the most up to date drivers for ALL components in your system.

3) Blow out your laptop, and apply new thermal paste to the GPU and CPU.

4) All else fails... Get really drunk and destroy your laptop in an imaginative fashion and record it for us.
I punched a 9 inch hole in the wall 2 years ago over the computer....I wasn't drunk though, and my computer was working fine....I just lost the roll on Executioner in Zul'Aman. And no I'm not kidding. I also snapped my headset in half and shattered the remains against the opposite wall. People can attest to the event in question.

The graphically intensive thing is possible, since it happens most often when playing WoW, but that is it. It also happens when leaving WoW and opening a Firefox windo. The thing that is weird to me, is that when it does shutdown, I cannot just hit the power button to turn it back on, I have to remov ethe battery and the AC adapter plug and then reinsert them to turn it back on.

True that.
Caliene is offline   Reply With Quote