PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of upgrading to Vista 64 bits...

Tirrex
12-22-2008, 05:53 AM
I have Vista 32 with 4GB of RAM, but the stupid OS only recognizes 2GB. I updated BIOS and tried changing settings on it, but I couldnt get any more RAM than 2GB to show on Task Manager as available to applications.

So I'm thinking of Vista home premium 64. Anyone uses a 64-bit OS or know people who uses it? I heard theres a ton of stuff that wont work. Does WoW, Photoshop, 3D Studio... stuff like that works on Vista 64? And can I use the same key I use on my Vista 32? I remember that when I bought this Windows I could just order a CD with the 64-bit version for $10. Not sure if I can just download Vista 64 and install it.

Jonclani
12-22-2008, 05:09 PM
hmmm. stupid internet. I typed up a response, and it disappeared. Yes, wow and photoshop work on 64 bit. The rest I dont know. The same key should work.

gogo short version

TM
12-22-2008, 06:59 PM
my digital cable picks up when neighbors watch OnDemand or pay-per-view...

I don't think the keys play with each other, but that's just me... worth a shot.

Tirrex
12-22-2008, 07:04 PM
my digital cable picks up when neighbors watch OnDemand or pay-per-view...

I don't think the keys play with each other, but that's just me... worth a shot.

Way to make no sense at all TM. Go level your druid.

Syvius
12-23-2008, 06:29 PM
I'll ask my supervisor at work, but with all the games and stuff he runs I'd say ALL work. Considering 64 was built for people using high end post consumer add ons, i'd be wildly suprised if you find things that don't work. Most problems come from shitvista and NOT whether its 64 bit or not. Sadly I chose the wrong fucking motherboard for my needs (nobody makes better agp8x cards faster than 5700ve) so i'm heading for vista 64 bit too, doh!